Setting the lighting in your living room can be done in a variety of ways, but lighting may just be the most critical. Using the right lighting for your living room will allow you to create the perfect feel and ambiance for your space.
Lighting is especially important for living room ideas. It can be used for relaxing, entertaining or even working from home. The ideal lighting solution will allow you to accommodate all your activities and put you in just the right mood.
Using Ambient Lighting
Ambient light can fill a room and enhance the overall light in the entire room. You can read in a chair, watch a TV show on the couch, and enjoy a coffee dessert with friends. Most ambient light is usually provided by living room lighting fixtures.
Types of fixtures that produce ambient light for your living room include
Use Accent Lighting
Accent lights can add accent ambiance to living room lighting; they showcase features of specific areas of the room and add a soft, localized sense of light that serves as a decorative touch.
Types of lighting used to highlight living room decor include
By adding the proper living room lighting fixtures, you can nicely enhance the lighting ambiance of your home, making the home environment less monotonous and dull, and different lighting fixtures play different roles.
1. When the weather is dark or at night and there is not enough light from other lights, background accent lighting will play an accent role.
2. Ambient lighting immediately illuminates the entire living room and can give a softer light to the entire space.
3. Ambient fixtures can be adjusted using dimmers, which also dim and set the mood.
4. For reunions with family or casual dinners in front of the TV, a living room ceiling light or strip light may be the best choice.
5. Turning on bright living room lighting is the best option when first entering for a quicker and clearer orientation.
6. When you want your friends to see your most special furniture or ornaments, accent light will be of great help to keep everyone's eyes focused on a specific area.
Living Room Lighting Design Essentials
- At least one or more lights, preferably living room ceiling lights or strip lights, that can spread light throughout the room.
- At least 1 or more LEDs - living room accent lighting is popular because it spreads brighter light in a more diffuse manner, keeping all eyes focused on a specific area.